SEEKING 2014 FALL INTERNS!
The Elizabeth Foundation for the Arts Studio Program is a juried membership program for professional visual artists. The program provides subsidized studio space for over 75 contemporary artists.
EFA Studio Program internships provide a unique opportunity to work directly with artists in their studios (as Artist Assistants) and actively contribute to the creation of exhibitions and programs, while gaining exposure to the inner-workings of a multi-faceted, non-profit arts space (as Administrative Interns). Each intern will split his/her time between assisting artists in their studios and working closely with EFA Studio Program staff in the offices.
EFA Studio Program is seeking enthusiastic and committed candidates who desire to learn about contemporary art and arts administration. Successful candidates will be amiable, adaptable, professional, social, and confident. Interns should be comfortable working as a member of a team—working well with direction, while feeling confident to provide his/her own insights. Along with handling the administrative tasks of the program, interns will consistently be working directly with contemporary artists. A complete listing of our current member artists can be found on our website: http://www.efanyc.org/studio-members.
EFA Studio Program intern responsibilities during the spring will include:
- Acting as Artist Assistants to Studio Program artists
- Overseeing all social media platforms in collaboration with the Studio Program staff
- Hands-on planning and assistance for our biggest annual event - EFA Open Studios 2014
- Processing New Membership and Membership Renewal applications and paperwork
- Work on research projects involving artists, non-profits, and residency programs
- Communicating with artists about special events
- Interacting directly with our member artists.
Qualifications for all EFA Interns:
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student with related major and/or interest in contemporary art
- Proficiency in Mac applications, Microsoft Office, and Adobe CS preferred
- Basic office skills (filing, phones, data entry)
- Ability to handle artwork
- Personal experience working on Facebook and Twitter
- Commitment of 2-4 days per week
We are currently looking for FALL interns to begin in late August or early September and remain through December 2014.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Natalia Nakazawa: Natalia@efanyc.org. Please include the days you will be available to intern and your projected start date. We will contact those applicants we wish to interview in August 2014.
One of three programs at EFA, the EFA Studio Program is part of a community that includes EFA Project Space and the Robert Blackburn Printmaking Workshop (RBPMW). The Studio Program provides artists the rare opportunity to work in a professional arts community inside Manhattan and in close proximity to the city’s primary gallery districts.
EFA STUDIOS, located on west 39th street in the Fashion District, is close to Times Square & all subway lines, with 24-hour access and security on premises. All studios are private with individual climate control. Studios are for workspace only (not to be used as living space.) Lease terms are month to month. Currently available studios range from approximately 280-580 sq ft and from $840 - $1,740 per month, each a different size and configuration. Short-term rental is separate and independent from the EFA Studio Membership Program. Please visit www.efanyc.org/studios for more information about the EFA Studio Program.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application and more information.